Daphbio protocol to start a reef aquarium
How to use the Daphbio starter kit
Upon receipt of the starter kit, for yout reef or marin aquarium, you will pour 1 ml of Bactoreef per 100 liters of tank, every morning for a month and a half, then every other day. You will also pour the whole bottle of live meiofauna and microfauna eggs.
Upon receipt, for the bottles of MicrofauneBooster (green label) and ZooBooster (blue label), follow the dosages below for one month:
- For nano 30 to 75 liters, pour 2.5 ml twice a week.
- For aquariums from 80 liters to 150 liters, pour 10 ml 3 times a week.
- For aquariums of 150 to 300 liters, pour 20 ml 3 times a week
- For aquariums of 300 to 600 liters, pour 30 ml 3 times a week
- From 600 to 1000 liters, pour 40 ml, 3 times a week.
At the end of the month, divide the doses by two.
We advise not to skim for 2 and a half weeks, to light moderately three hours a day and to lower the intensity of your leds by 50%. The goal is to develop bacteria essential for the nitrogen cycle and the biofilm essential for the adhesion of corals.
Thanks to daphbio products and its living components, you will not notice a peak of nitrite. By the end of the third week, you will need to introduce a small fish or soft coral of your choice (discosoma, sarcophyton, etc.). At this time, also provide an army of scavengers (snails, grazers diversified). They are essential because they will maintain the nitrogen cycle but also consume all residual materials and biomass not evacuated. Your aquarium will be cycled, even if your parameters are not perfect. You can then begin to populate your aquarium very gradually.
- The advice of the expert: during the start-up stage, do not overpower your occupants, a small meal a day is enough, consumed in two minutes.
- Use an un-enriched salt, eg Instant Ocean.
- Keep the vials in the refrigerator and shake them before use.