Cultivation of daphnia and microfauna
The daphbio® freshwater daphnia and microfauna breeding kit is used to seed your aquarium with live micro-organisms crucial to your aquarium’s equilibrium, and to breed daphnia and microfauna to feed all your fish.
The kit comprises daphnia, ostracods, cyclops, rotifera and other micro-organisms.
Freshwater microfauna specially bred for a healthy aquarium!
Seeding your aquarium with microfauna is the ideal solution. Spending most of its time buried in the aquarium’s substrate or sand, microfauna plays a vital role in preventing infestation by cyanobacteria, combating invasive filamentous algae, eliminating waste matter and keeping the aquarium clean. Your aquarium consequently stays clean and healthy.
Since freshwater microfauna and zooplankton are of paramount importance, for the past 30 years we have been feeding all our fish with our daphnia and freshwater microfauna. We seed our aquariums every month, and the results are spectacular.
Two possible ways!
Seed your aquarium directly:
Freshwater microfauna does not simply appear, you have to seed the aquarium with it. This kit will allow you to establish freshwater microfauna during various stages in the life of your aquarium, such as starting, resetting, moving, changing aquariums or when adding new plants or delicate fish. The live microfauna will then make a home for itself in the substrate, giving you attractive plants and a healthy aquarium.
Using our kit, you can grow daphnia and feed your fish with live food, full of vitamins, protein and carotenoids. There is no better food, as it is entirely suited to the needs of your fish. Fish fed on live daphnia live longer, have iron constitutions and vibrant colours. Food in the form of flakes or granules can constipate fish, whereas daphnia and microfauna are laxatives. This is significant in view of the fact many fish suffer from overfeeding.
You will find below simple instructions and tips, tried and tested over 25 years, which will maintain your freshwater daphnia and zooplankton cultures.
This kit comprises a bottle of freshwater zooplankton (daphnia, ostracods, cyclops, rotifera and other micro-organisms invisible to the naked eye) and a bottle of Micro Macro Life, which is food specifically intended for daphnia and freshwater zooplankton.
Instructions for use and recommendations
The daphnia and freshwater zooplankton production kit will permanently provide the live food your aquarium fish truly appreciate, whether freshwater or saltwater. Use Micro Macro Life once a week to maintain this live food.
Micro Macro Life dosage:
Pour 2 ml per 10 litres of tank, 2 times a week. Multiply the quantity of product stated to match the size of your aquarium:
- 4 ml per 20 litres of tank, 2 times a week.
- 6 ml per 30 litres of tank, 2 times a week.
- 8 ml per 40 litres of tank, 2 times a week.
- 10 ml per 50 litres of tank, 2 times a week.
- 20 ml per 100 litres of tank, 2 times a week.
- Upon receipt, pour your daphnia into a container of your choice, e.g. an aquarium, plastic or wooden drum, flowerpot, jar, etc. (any container might be suitable, but make sure the water temperature is not too high, especially in summer). Preferably use chlorine-free aged water or use water directly from the water changes in your aquarium.
- Lay a few leaves from an oak tree, willow, fruit tree or another tree in the bottom of the receptacle you are using
- Pour in half of the bottle of Micro Macro Life.
- Feel free to use the water from changing the aquarium water, as daphnia will like it. .
- 1. Twice a week, pour in 2 ml of Micro Macro Life per 10 litres of tank (dosage above).
- 1. Collect the daphnia twice a week with a fine-meshed net, but always leave at least a third of the population behind to build the numbers back up again.
Note that the colour of daphnia can vary from an orange-red to diaphanous green.
Based on 6 reviews
Bien Les daphnies se reproduisent dans leurs bac
Top qualité ! Bravo pour cette innovation
Bien reçu. Population de daphnies conséquente.
je vais recommandé un lot