- Upon receipt, pour your daphnia into a container of your choice, e.g. an aquarium, plastic or wooden drum, flowerpot, jar, etc. (any container might be suitable, but make sure the water temperature is not too high, especially in summer). Preferably use chlorine-free aged water or use water directly from the water changes in your aquarium.
- Lay a few leaves from an oak tree, willow, fruit tree or another tree in the bottom of the receptacle you are using.
- Pour in half of the bottle of Micro Macro Life.
- Feel free to use the water from changing the aquarium water, as daphnia will like it.
- Twice a week, pour in 2 ml of Micro Macro Life per 10 litres of tank (dosage above).
- Collect the daphnia twice a week with a fine-meshed net, but always leave at least a third of the population behind to build the numbers back up again.
Note that the colour of daphnia can vary from an orange-red to diaphanous green.